Using makeup for that little extra boost is silly when it leads you to think that you’re imperfect without it. Have you ever looked at a makeup product for what it really was, without the packaging or pretty design? Have even you seen it, looked at it, and thought about how pretty that pile of dust or product? Probably not. Makeup doesn’t make you look good. You’re the one that makes it look beautiful.
Here are some inspiring and beautiful quotes that may make you crack a smile here and there.
25 Quotes That Will Make You Appreciate Your Inner Beauty
1. “I love being super-tough, but if I need to put on a dress and do my hair and makeup, I can do that too.” – Elizabeth Rodriguez
2. “When I was your age…I wish I’d known that I already had everything I needed within myself to be happy, instead of looking for happiness at beauty counters.” ―
3. “My complexion had always been an obstacle to overcome, and all of a sudden, Oprah was telling me it wasn’t. It was perplexing and I wanted to reject it because I had begun to enjoy the seduction of inadequacy. But a flower couldn’t help but bloom inside of me. When I saw Alek [Wek] I inadvertently saw a reflection of myself that I could not deny. Now, I had a spring in my step because I felt more seen, more appreciated by the far away gatekeepers of beauty, but around me the preference for light skin prevailed. To the beholders that I thought mattered, I was still unbeautiful. And my mother again would say to me, ‘You can’t eat beauty. It doesn’t feed you.’ And these words plagued and bothered me; I didn’t really understand them until finally I realized that beauty was not a thing that I could acquire or consume, it was something that I just had to be.” —Lupita Nyong’o
4. “Three months ago, I began posting images of myself without makeup on social media. Over the past few months, I’ve received thousands of messages from people all over the world who suffer or have suffered from acne, an insecurity, or self confidence issues.
You are beautiful – no matter how flawed you feel, no matter how upset you may be about the way you look or how hard you find it to make friends, or be confident. Believe in yourself, and never let anyone tell you’re not beautiful – not even yourself.” ― Em Ford
5. “I came. I saw. I contoured.”― Unknown
6. “Too often girls cover up their highlights instead of their shadows. And too often the right boys are too late to notice.” ―
7. “Real beauty isn’t about symmetry or weight or makeup: it’s about looking life right in the face and seeing all its magnificence reflected in your own.” – Valerie Monroe.
8. To be honest I’m just winging it. My life. My eyeliner. Everything.”― Unknown
9. “I think beauty is the pursuit of an authentic self. Some asshole told me that I would never be happy because my life is all about ‘becoming’—but what are your options as a transgender person in transition? I think everyone is in pursuit of themselves, and trans folks happen to wear it on their sleeves. The people whom I find most beautiful are the people whom you can’t compare to anyone else—people who do what works for them. ‘Dare to be different’ is a cliché, but in my experience it’s the best thing you can tell yourself. Beauty is survival, especially survival against the odds.” —Hari Nef
10. “If she likes makeup, let her wear it. If she likes fashion, let her dress up. But if she doesn’t like either, let her be.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
11. “The more Christian you are in this town, the more makeup you wear. I’ve always thought that it’s because if you were to die suddenly, you’d look better for God.” – Peter Hedges
12. “The only way I’d be caught without makeup is if my radio fell in the bathtub while I was taking a bath and electrocuted me and I was in between makeup at home. I hope my husband would slap a little lipstick on me before he took me to the morgue.” – Dolly Parton
13. “There’s beauty in the things we think are imperfect.” – Laverne Cox
14. “What I love most about makeup is that you can’t get attached to one thing, one idea, or one approach – and once you’ve achieved perfection, you have to wipe it all off and start over the next day.” – Pat McGrath
15. “One of my biggest regrets…is that I didn’t spend my youth staring lovingly at my neck. It never crossed my mind to be grateful for it. It never crossed my mind that I would be nostalgic about a part of my body that I took completely for granted. Of course it’s true that now that I’m older, I’m wise and sage and mellow. And it’s also true that I honestly do understand just what matters in life. But guess what? It’s my neck.” —Nora Ephron
16. “Eyebrows – the one thing you can get into shape without exercising.”― Unknown
17. “I really believe less is more. When you get older, too much makeup can be aging, and when you’re young, you should enjoy the fact your skin is free from lines and wrinkles rather than overloading it with products.” – Louise Nurding
18. “When a person has gone through the journey of finding and pursuing their most authentic self, and shares that gift, for me, that’s beautiful.” —Geena Rocero
19. “Beauty is power, and makeup is something that really enhances that; it’s a woman’s secret.” – Charlotte Tilbury
20. “There’s nothing worse than sleeping in makeup. You wake up looking like a painting that’s been left out in a rainstorm.” – Nina Dobrev
21. “At last I’m old enough to know that the collective points of view on what is beautiful will always be subject to the vicissitudes and whims of a generation. So will our own faces and bodies change over the course of a lifetime…. The things that I find truly beautiful now are more subtle and rare but can access a depth of emotion that I didn’t even know existed in me. My mother’s hands scarred from years of pruning her own garden. The nape of my daughter’s neck. My son’s eyebrows, inherited from his grandfather. A selected line of a Mary Oliver poem. The way my husband looks at me as he enters our bed after we’ve survived another long day. My vanishing freckles.” —Molly Ringwald
22. “The notion that wearing makeup is anti-feminist is silly. Cleopatra pretty much invented the eyeliner, and she ruled a kingdom!” – Natasha Scripture
23. “I don’t like standard beauty. There is no beauty without strangeness.” – Karl Lagerfeld
24. “Who is the beauty icon that inspires you the most? Is it Sophia Loren? Audrey Hepburn? Halle Berry? Mine is Nosferatu, because that vampire taught me my number-one and number-two favorite beauty tricks of all time: avoid the sun at all costs and always try to appear shrouded in shadows.” – Mindy Kaling
25. “She wins who calls herself beautiful and challenges the world to change to truly see her.” —Naomi Wolf
Love this post? Pin it so you don’t lose it!